For the companies of the PALFINGER Group, the protection of personal data and the fulfillment of the EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are very important. Below, we offer you a form which you can use to request information about your personal data stored with the companies of the PALFINGER Group.
LEGAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE / EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
1) Subject to your acceptance of the following terms and conditions, PALFINGER AG, its subsidiaries and all its other affiliates under Section 15 of the Austrian Aktiengesetz [Public Limited Companies Act], hereinafter all collectively called PALFINGER, hereby grant you permission to use PALFINGER's websites by visiting these websites, printing these out or storing these electronically on a local drive. Any other use shall require PALFINGER's express, prior written approval.
2) PALFINGER hereby reserves all rights to texts, images, graphics, sounds, animations and videos, as well as their arrangement on the websites. In particular, such content and works shall be subject to the applicable copyrights. The use of the particular background images on the sites ist generally not allowed.The content of the PALFINGER websites shall not be copied, disseminated, altered or made accessible to third parties for commercial purposes. PALFINGER hereby reserves the right to at any time alter, add to or wholly or partly delete the content of its websites, or to restrict access to its websites (to certain user groups). PALFINGER shall not assume responsibility for any consequences arising therefrom.
3) Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all rights to brands, logos and other trademarks shall be protected, and shall accrue exclusively to the respective holder. Other intellectual property such as patents, registered designs, utility models and the like shall also be protected accordingly. No licence to use PALFINGER's intellectual property, or third-party intellectual property, shall be granted as a result of the PALFINGER websites.
4) The PALFINGER websites have been put together in order to make accessible to the public general information on PALFINGER and its products. PALFINGER shall use the diligence necessary in commerce in order to keep the information on its websites accurate and up-to-date. However, no warranty can be given as to availability, completeness, accuracy or up-to-dateness. Details relating to our products shall be non-binding, shall be for initial information purposes only and shall not be expressly or tacitly warranted. All details relating to data or test values shall be provided exclusively on the basis of this legal notice. PALFINGER also hereby reserves the right to alter or add to the information provided, without this requiring prior notice.
5) These websites may contain information on PALFINGER products that are not available in your country. The existence of such information on these websites shall not imply any intention on the part of PALFINGER to announce that these products will be available throughout the world.
6) All statements relating to the future and concerning PALFINGER, market developments or other general developments shall be based wholly or partly on subjective estimates. A number of factors, such as for example changes to the general economic and/or political setting, or natural disasters, may bring about that actual developments deviate materially from the forecasts expressly or tacitly made. PALFINGER does not intend to continually update such statements relating to the future.
7) PALFINGER HEREBY EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY OR WARRANTY FOR LOSS ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE OF THE PALFINGER WEBSITES WHATSOEVER. THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SHALL RELATE ALSO, BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY, TO DAMAGE TO YOUR IT SYSTEM BROUGHT ABOUT BY VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNICAL SHORTCOMINGS. IN SO FAR AS MANDATORY STATUTORY PROVISIONS CONFLICT HEREWITH, OR INSOFAR as THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IS INEFFECTIVE OR INOPERABLE, THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. IN ANY EVENT HOWEVER, THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY IN CASES OF SLIGHT NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF PALFINGER.
8) References to other websites (hyperlinks and the like) have been inserted only for your convenience. PALFINGER shall assume no responsibility for the existence of such websites or for the accuracy, completeness or legality of the content. PALFINGER hereby expressly distances itself from the websites linked to.
9) No information provided on the PALFINGER websites shall constitute or represent an offer to buy shares or interests in the PALFINGER Group, or to trade therein.
10) Normally, it shall be possible to use our websites without providing personal data. Insofar as personal data (e.g. name, address or email addresses) are collected on our website, this shall always occur on a voluntary basis, insofar as possible. These data shall not be passed on to third parties outside of the PALFINGER Group without your express consent.
11) Austrian substantive law, excluding the conflict-of-law standards under international private law, shall exclusively apply to all legal issues in connection with this website and all other PALFINGER websites. Salzburg/Austria shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction, unless there is any other mandatory place of jurisdiction.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS - DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and enable your use of the website to be analysed. Normally, the information on your use of this website that is generated by such cookie is transmitted to a Google server in the USA, and stored there. If IP anonymisation has been activated on this website, however, your IP address shall be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in any other contracting state to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases shall your full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and be shortened there. Google shall, on behalf of the operator of this website, use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, put together reports on website activities and render in relation to the website operator further services in connection with use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser under Google Analytics shall not be combined with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. Please note however that, in such case, you may possibly be unable to fully use all functions of this website. Moreover, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link, you can prevent data (including your IP address) generated by such cookie, relating to your use of the website, from being captured and transmitted to Google and being processed by Google: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Who we are and how you can contact us;
Which categories of personal data we process, the sources from which we obtain data, our purposes in processing personal data and the legal basis on which we do so;
The recipients to whom we send personal data;
How long we store personal data;
The rights you have concerning the processing of your personal data.
1. Data controller and contact details
Who we are and how you can contact us
PALFINGER AG is the parent company of the PALFINGER Group. Your point of contact is the relevant company in each instance. Click here for a list of all our companies. PALFINGER AG (entry in the Austrian Company Register: 33393 h)
Lamprechtshausener Bundesstrasse 8
T +43 662 2281 – 0
F +43 662 2281 – 81077 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. DATA CATEGORIES AND PURPOSE
Which data categories we process and for what purpose
2.1 Legal basis
The EU General Data Protection Regulation has been created to give a legal right to the protection of your personal data. We process your data exclusively on the basis of the statutory provisions.
2.2 The data we process and the sources from which we obtain themWe process personal data disclosed to us in connection with our business activities by employees, job applicants, customers, owners of our products, distributors, suppliers, prospective customers with an interest in our products and our company details, as well as other business associates; such data are address and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and job-related data (e.g. the specialism in which you work): name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, job title and workplace. We do not process sensitive (“special”) data categories, with the exception of data of employees in the PALFINGER Group and job applicants.
2.3 Our purposes in processing personal data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
Business relations with our customers and suppliers
Registration of our products
To send information to our shareholders
To send information to prospective customers interested in the PALFINGER Group
To meet official and legal requirements
To run sales activities for our online shop
To receive information via our contact forms
For HR purposes
To select job applicants
3. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION RECIPIENTS
Recipients to whom we send personal data
When we have received data for the purpose of processing, we never send those data to third parties without obtaining the express consent of the data subject or without expressly announcing such data transfer.
3.1 Data transfer to external processors
We only send data to external processors if we have concluded with them an agreement that meets the legal requirements for contracts with processors. We only send personal data to processors outside the European Union if there is a guarantee that their level of data protection is appropriate.
4. RETENTION PERIOD
How long we store personal data
We erase personal data as required by the legal basis on which we conduct data processing. If we store your data on the basis of your consent, we erase them after the retention periods communicated to you or as requested by you.
5. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
Rights to which you are entitled
As a data subject affected by data processing, you are entitled to the following rights under data protection law:
Right to information: On request, we will provide you with free information about the extent, origin and recipient(s) of stored data and the purpose of storage. Please scroll down to find the requests of information form. If requests for information are excessively frequent (i.e. more than twice a year), we reserve the right to charge an expense reimbursement fee.
Right to rectification: If incorrect information is stored despite our efforts to maintain accurate and up-to-date data, we will correct it at your request.
Erasure: Under certain conditions you are entitled to erasure, for example if you have presented an objection or if data have been collected unlawfully. If there are grounds for erasure (i.e. if there are no statutory duties or overriding interests against erasure), we will affect the requested erasure without undue delay.
Restriction: If there are justified reasons for erasure, you may also use those reasons to request a restriction of data processing instead; in such a case the relevant data must continue to be stored (e.g. for the preservation of evidence), but must not be used in any other way.
Objection/revocation: You have a right to object against data processing conducted by us if you have a legitimate interest, and if data processing is conducted for direct marketing purposes. Your right to object is absolute in its effect. Any consent you have given may be revoked in writing at any time and free of charge.
Data portability: If, after giving us your data, you want to transmit them to a different data controller, we will send them to you in an electronically portable format.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: Please also note that you have a right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: You are entitled to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your place of residence, your workplace or the place of the suspected violation, if you believe that the processing of your personal data has breached GDPR. However, you are also welcome to contact us directly at any time.
6. CONTACT FORM
Your details, including personal data communicated through our contact forms, are sent to us via our own mail server for the purpose of answering your enquiries and are then processed and stored by us. Your data are only used for the purpose specified on the form and are erased no later than 6 months after the conclusion of processing.
7. ONLINE SHOPPING AT WWW.PALFINGER.COM
7.1 We would like to point out that, for the purpose of simplifying the purchasing process and for subsequent contract processing, the webshop operator Xortex stores the IP data of the connection owner in the form of cookies, as well as the name, surface mail address, email address and credit card number of yourself as the buyer. In addition, the following data are also stored by us for the purpose of processing your contract and sending you a bill: name, surface mail address and email address. The data you have provided are necessary to perform the contract and/or to implement pre-contractual measures. Unless we have these data, we cannot conclude or perform the contract with you. 7.2 Your name, surface mail address, email address and credit card details are sent to Wirecard for the purpose of paying the purchase price. Also, your name and surface mail address are sent to a logistics company for the purpose of conducting delivery. The relevant companies have undertaken a commitment to us to observe the applicable data protection regulations. A processing contract has been concluded in accordance with GDPR article 28.
8. NOTE ON SECURITY
We endeavour to take all possible technical and organisational measures to store your personal data in such a way that they cannot be accessed by third parties. When communicating by email, complete data security cannot be guaranteed, and we therefore recommend that you send confidential information by surface mail.
Requests for information
Upon request, we will give you free information about the extent, origin and / the recipient of the stored data as well as the purpose of the storage. In case of excessive requests for information (more than twice a year) we reserve the right to charge an expense reimbursement.